Rolling out a new website design – Come take a look
By Carol / November 1, 2017 /
Drum roll, please. Today I’m excited to unveil a fresh new, mobile-friendly look for my website – www.carolbodensteiner.com
As I move closer to the launch of my next novel, it’s time to revisit all my marketing tools. My website topped the list. My previous design served me well, but it’s time. Those of you who access my blog through your mobile devices probably say it’s past time.
What’s new on the site?
- Increased emphasis on my books. Who knew I’d write and publish three books? At launch of the previous site, Growing Up Country was in print, but Go Away Home wouldn’t be for a few years. A second novel? Only a dream.
- My books enjoy heightened visibility across the website.
- My blog remains on the front page, but follows the books. If you access my site through the blog, you may not even notice this change.
- Expanded Resources. I’ve added a number of new resources, especially for writers.
- Mobile-friendly access. Launched in 2012, my previous design hadn’t kept pace with mobile technology. This is a biggie and all alone would be the reason for an update.
What do you think?
I’d like to get your reactions to the site. Is it easy for you to navigate? Does it tell you what you want to know? Is there anything you’d like me to consider adding? Or deleting?
Any web launch may encounter glitches. I hope you let me know if you see any problems as you cruise around the site. Anything that doesn’t space properly, load properly, look right in any way. Any links that don’t work. Don’t hesitate. If it causes you to stumble, let me know.
And the designer is …
Major kudos to Clay Showalter who created my new design. Clay asked the right questions to help me focus on what I liked and didn’t like in designs. He took all my questions in stride, responding in a timely and professional manner. And most of all, he delivered a design that retained the feel I liked on my previous site while giving it a fresh, open, up-to-date look. If you’re looking for a website designer, I recommend Clay.
And thanks to friend and fellow author Shirley Showalter (yes, Shirley is Clay’s aunt) for recommending him to me. Clay also designed Shirley’s website if you’d like to see another example of his work.
So there you have it. A new website to help launch a new book. Please take a look around and let me know what you think.