Stitched Through Time: The Story of Libbie Haylock’s Quilts
The Iowa farmhouse I grew up in during the 1950s held both a treasure and a mystery. The treasure is one of unfinished heirloom quilts begun by my grandmother in the early 1900s. The mystery is why no one knew about these quilts until decades after she died. Why she never talked about them or brought them out to complete and share. Join me as I share the story – if not all the answers to the mystery – of our family’s treasure trove of heirloom quilts.
- Print Length: 80 pages
- Publisher: Zion Publishing
- Publication Date: October 10, 2020
- ISBN-13: 9798685345158
- Order paperback from Amazon
- Order hardcover from Barnes & Noble
* * * *
In SIMPLE TRUTH, a woman gets the job of her dreams only to find her client may be exploiting immigrant employees. With each new revelation, she finds herself questioning not only the client but also herself. Ultimately, she must answer, How much is she willing to risk to help someone else?
- Print Length: 336 pages
- Publisher: Rising Sun Press (March 2018)
- Publication Date: March 21, 2018
- ISBN-13: 9781981745388
- Order Simple Truth
- Retailers order from Baker & Taylor
* * * *
Set in World War One-era Iowa, GO AWAY HOME is a captivating coming-of-age novel that explores the enduring themes of family, friendship, and love, as well as death and grief. This novel will resonate with anyone who’s confronted the conflict between dreams and reality and come to recognize that getting what you want can be a two-edged sword.
- Print Length: 402 pages
- Publisher: Lake Union Publishing (July 7, 2015)
- Publication Date: July 7, 2015
- ISBN-13: 9781503944206
- Order Go Away Home
- Retailers order from Brilliance Publishing: (800) 648-2312 – firstname.lastname@example.org
* * * *
GROWING UP COUNTRY delivers a treat as delicious as oatmeal cookies hot out of the oven—a memoir of a happy childhood growing up on a family farm in the middle of the country in the middle of the 20th Century.
- Paperback: 208 pages
- Publisher: Rising Sun Press
- Publication Date: January 1, 2008
- ISBN-13: 978-0979799709
- Order Growing Up Country: Memories of an Iowa Farm Girl
- Retailers order from Ingram: (800) 937-8000 – email@example.com
* * * *
Anthologies that include Carol’s writing
“The voices of women from across the country and globe speak of the joys and sorrows of everyday life, as well as those pivotal moments when life surprises us and prompts us to rethink our values and priorities.”
My essays are included in the Winter and Fall books, but please check out all four of these lovely and inspirational books.
- Winter: Women’s Stories, Poems and Inspiration for the Season of Rest and Renewal
- Fall: Women’s Stories and Poems for the Season of Wisdom and Gratitude
- Summer: Women’s Writings for the Season of Beauty and Resilience
- Spring: Women’s Inspiration for the Season of Hope and New Beginnings
A collection of essays that celebrate the gutsy in each of us. Sixty-four authors share their stories of how they faced their fears and lived their dreams, making a gutsy move that changed their lives.
Order My Gutsy Story