Go Away Home – New historical fiction
Start spreading the news! Go Away Home is now available on Amazon and through bookstores.
I’m excited because of what reviewers are saying:
- “The perfect story of coming home.” – Samantha Rivera, Readers’ Favorite 5 Star review
- “Go Away Home is … gently compelling and highly believable” – D. Donovan, eBook Reviewer, Midwest Book Review
- “Go Away Home is a coming of age novel that is well-written, compelling, and endearing” – Kara Logsden, Iowa City Public Library
- “… a heart-warming and heart-wrenching tale” – Paulette Mahurin, historical fiction author
- “A poignant, romantic tale … characters that tug at your heart strings” – David Lawlor, historical fiction author
- “Bodensteiner … captured the era … with meticulous historical detail” – J.P. Lane, author
Go Away Home – The Story
Liddie Treadway grew up on a family farm where options for her future were marriage or teaching. Encouraged by suffragette rhetoric and her maiden aunt, Liddie is determined to avoid both and pursue a career. Her goal is within her grasp when her older sister’s abrupt departure threatens to keep her on the farm forever.
Once she is able to experience the world she’s dreamed of, Liddie is enthralled with her independence, a new-found passion for photography, and the man who teaches her. Yet, the family, friends, and life of her youth tug at her heart, and she must face the reality that life is not as simple, or the choices as clear-cut, as she once imagined.
GO AWAY HOME is a captivating coming-of-age novel that explores the enduring themes of family, friendship, and love, as well as death and grief. This novel will resonate with anyone who’s confronted the conflict between dreams and reality and come to recognize that getting what you want can be a two-edged sword.
Celebrate with me at launch events throughout July in Iowa and cyberspace.
- July 7 – 7 p.m. – Preston Public Library, Preston, Iowa
- July 8 – 6 p.m. – Clinton Public Library, Clinton, Iowa
- July 10 – 7 p.m. – Jackson County Historical Society, Maquoketa, Iowa
- July 18 – 5:30 p.m. – Beaverdale Books, Beaverdale, Iowa
Follow the blog tour – Dates and link posted in July.
To buy now, click on these links:
Thanks for letting me be giddy for a bit. Publishing my first novel is, after all, a once in a lifetime experience. Please share this news with anyone who enjoys historical fiction.